Wednesday, February 4, 2009

How To Wiggle Out Of The Grasp Of The Weasels

So, I get a phone call, and the person on the other end starts talking some spiel with very poor reception. I hear them say, "Mastercard," and I think it's the Mastercard company calling in regards to the several debit cards that have had to be replaced due to a security breach. (I got a letter from my bank earlier this week explaining it.

It turns out not to be Mastercard, but some health plan service trying to weasel me in by offering $100 of gas rebates. (Which is not a perk for me, as I never got to master driving, much less own a vehicle, though I did help my sister buy a car.) They eventually stop and ask me if I understand, and I say, "Excuse, but what is this for?"

"Do we need to go over all of this again?" they ask.

I then explain my Mastercard is being replaced and should not be used, and I do not have another card to bill it to.

They had to leave me alone.

So, if you're in a situation like this, just remember, tell them you don't have a card you can use or a way to pay, and it should all be good...

No comments: