Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Voyage Of The "Dawn Treader" - May 7, 2010

So, I discovered that they have decided to push the release date for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader to 2010.

How do I feel? Okay about it. In fact, I think it was neccessary in order to do THIS "chronicle" justice. It is definitely one of the most beautiful of the books, especially at the end.

In Voyage, we have a quest, several new characters (Drinian, the WHOLE population of Doorn, Ramandu, Coriarkin, Ramandu's daughter, the recovered Lords, the Dufflepuds, and some kid who tags along with Lucy and Edmund), we have, in the book, at least, COMPLETELY new locations, the whole nine yards. In addition, this is the longest of the Narnia books, and I was appalled at the BBC-TV version for compressing the story to two hours. I want to see a good version, and if it's made too fast, a good version just isn't going to happen.

While yes, I do want to see the new version, the new Eustace, the new ship, all of it, I want to be impressed and pleasantly surprised. With the first Narnia movie and The Bridge to Terabithia, Walden Media and Disney have proved they can make good movies. I don't want to see them cut themselves short.

No comments: