Saturday, December 10, 2011

Le Fiabe più Belle. — Lo Schiaccianoci

I found this Italian-dubbed anime version of The Nutcracker quite by accident on YouTube. Apparently, it was from a series of videos called Le Fiabe più Belle, or The Most Beautiful Tales. Many stories were in the series, such as The Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland among many classic fairy tales.

This adaptation is quite faithful to Hoffman, though very fast paced. And it appears that, unusual for adaptations, Fritz is actually depicted as the older brother.

But anyway, I can't say much more than that. Here it is:

3 comments:

Sam said...

Thanks for including all 3 parts of the video!

In making Fritz the big brother, he also becomes a bigger pain, I see. And that mouse king seems a bit annoying of a pest to me!

I'm a little confused about the wedding at the end, though . . .

Sam said...

And I forgot to say how much Marie (bet you're glad they kept her real name here!) looks like Natalie Gregory's Alice from TV 1985.

Anonymous said...

In the original story Fritz is Marie's older brother, to be honest I think the characters work better that way. Marie is childish and imaginative and Fritz is more surly. I wish more adaptations would follow that.