Sunday, August 24, 2008

Audrey and Shaun

Last weekend, Audrey and her fiance Shaun came down to move a U-Haul load of their belongings to the empty bedroom of my apartment. Getting to see some of Shaun's stuff would be enough to ensure anyone that he's not some weird psycho who'd cut out your kidney and sell it on eBay.

Shaun, in my opinion, would be a welcome addition to the family, but not everyone agrees. Mom pretty much hates him. Whenever he is brought up in conversation, she does not say one positive word about him. Maybe it's because he's marrying her little girl, maybe it's because he has the guts to actually ask her why she doesn't like him (though she tried to side-step actually answering that), maybe it's... I don't know. I just decided "I'm washing my hands of mom's crap." I don't want to be involved with it anymore.

I don't know what dad thinks, he stays pretty quiet about this matter. My oldest brother Aaron and his wife Jessica both like Shaun, but my brother Drew is even worse at telling us his thoughts than dad...

While we were moving stuff, Shaun, Aaron, Jessica, Audrey and I all got in a few laughs and jokes and got to know each other a little better. After that, Shaun and Audrey went with Aaron and Jessica to get some Chinese. (I did not accompany, as I annoyingly have to get up early in the morning, and I really don't like Chinese, especially as it upsets my stomach.)

The next night, Audrey and Shaun and I hung out for a couple hours, first coming over to the apartment for awhile, then we went over to the new Super Wal-Mart Supercenter. We walked around and looked around for about an hour and a half, looking through wedding supplies, electronics, books, magazines, and the baby section, because Audrey and Shaun decided they definitely want kids.

We also went to Andy's Frozen Custard, where we all got concretes. (I bought my own. I didn't expect them to pay for me, and they didn't offer, and I like being independent... Just need some transportation...) Shaun and I both thought it hilarious when he and I began to discuss Marvel Comics-based movies and Audrey protested that she was being "geeked out!"

I'm looking forward to them moving back to Springfield. They're a fun couple...

No comments: