Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cat Scratch Films

... Hey, that sounds like a good name for a company...

But no, I came up with ideas for two YouTube videos and invited a friend over to help me film them. We decided that it would be easiest for us both if he stayed the night and we filmed in the morning, when we'd have the best light.

Since my cat, Jack, is a little rambunctious, I took him into my bedroom. My bed is positioned right under a window. For some reason, as I was trying to get to sleep, Jack tries to jump up onto the window. It was closed since it can't be opened and stay open. So, he keeps trying, gets up pretty high... And falls on my face! WITH ALL CLAWS OUT!!!

Uh...



Ow... There's four of them... Guess who DIDN'T stay in overnight?

When I showed my friend, Taphas, he says, "I can call you 'Scarface,' then. You look like you could be a serial killer."

So, the next morning, I'd developed scabs on the scratches. At least he missed my eye. We filmed the videos with the scratches. "It adds to the character," said Taphas.

I've yet to edit the videos, but one is me saying good-bye to my old computer as if it was a girlfriend. With one false start, it was done in one shot. The other was a little more complex. We had 10 shots, plus some re-shots, and I added an extra scene for Taphas to do. It's about being addicted to caffeine. It's also a parody/tribute to opening scenes of the movies Trainspotting and A Clockwork Orange. Just, no one's being chased by cops for any crimes, and it's cappuccino instead of heroin or drugged milk.

No comments: