Sunday, June 28, 2009

Famous People Dying

I guess with the death of Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett on Thursday, I'm no longer the only one noticing the high number of celebrities dying. Ed McMahon died the same day, and I just read that Billy Mays died today. You know, he was that guy selling some kind of cleaning product like OxyClean, booming a big voice.

Here's an example:


But Shaun's friend Nick just posted this on Facebook:
THAT'S RIGHT! THERE'S A NEW WAY TO GET CAT HAIR OFF THE COUCH! BY APPLYING BILLY MAYS' DEAD BODY TO YOUR COUCH, YOU CAN ACTUALLY SOAK UP THAT CAT HAIR AND LEAVE YOUR COUCH SPOTLESS! AND NOW BILLY MAYS' DEAD BODY COMES WITH A FREE CARRYING CASE! NO MORE DROPPING YOUR DEAD BILLY MAYS EVERY TIME YOU NEED TO USE HIM! HE JUST FOLDS RIGHT INTO THIS POUCH AND CAN SIT ANYWHERE IN YOUR HOUSE! AND GUESS WHAT ELSE? ...


LOL... There's also a joke about Michael Jackon's 99% plastic body being melted into Legos "so little kids can play with him for a change," but that's... well, I guess I just shared it didn't I?

Fact is, folks, people die all the time. We just tend to care more when they were famous. I was never a Michael Jackson fan, never saw an episode of Charlie's Angels (much less the new movies), never bought OxyClean, and I don't even remember what Ed McMahon did to be famous. I don't care.

... Unless... It's a government conspiracy to blind us all as to what's REALLY going on!

No comments: