Thursday, September 11, 2008

An Accidental Death

I no longer have a pet.

This morning, I was picking up my couch, then set it back down.

What I didn't see was that my cat (well, actually kitten), Scot had ran under the couch as I was putting it down.

I didn't discover what had happened until hours later, when I looked under the couch and found his body crushed underneath it.
http://blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif
I couldn't believe it...

Right away, I called Audrey, and all I could say at first was "Scot's dead."

Well, I talked to her, and while I was bagging the body, she called Shaun, and Shaun called me, and while I was talking to him, Audrey came over, saw the scene, and gave me a couple hugs and saw me off to the dumpster.

(Yes, he deserves a better resting place, but when you live in an apartment building, what can you do?)

Man... It's one thing to have a pet die, it's another thing to have it die because of something you did.

I was able to get some photos of him on my MySpace last night... Here's the one I liked the best:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

. . . oh my God . . . I am So SORRY. A Friend