Friday, September 12, 2008

Thank you, everyone

I'd like to thank everyone who's offered their condolences for my loss of Scot yesterday.

I think I'm all right now, Audrey and Shaun, and even some friends who I've only had online communications with, were all quite comforting. One friend brought it up so many times in a brief IM session, I had to stay "Okay, you can stop now..."

The worst thing was that a pet trusts you to care for it, and well, what happened isn't exactly an action of that.

The worst was coming home today after work and realizing that no one was there. Even though he'd usually greet me with claws, still it was nice to be appreciated.

It'll be awhile before I trust myself with a new pet. First, I might want to get a less-deadly couch. This couch sits firmly on the floor. If it had had legs, Scot would have had more than a fighting chance.

Thank you so much for the words of comfort. I guess even though some live thousands of miles away and hours apart (due to time zones), I have caring friends.

No comments: