Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Alone

Yep, I got Christmas Eve off (because I usually have Wednesday off), Christmas Day off (because they're closed on Christmas), and Boxing Day (which isn't an American holiday) off (more on why I wanted it off in a bit).

My family opted to do our gift exchange on the 26th (less stressful for my oldest brother Aaron and his wife, Jessica, whose place we'll be celebrating at).

Doesn't help that two presents I ordered haven't arrived. (Just watch, they'll be here on the 27th. That's my luck!)

So, yeah. I'm home, alone.

(AAAAAUUUUGGGHHH!!!)

Hah! Home Alone reference! And Home Alone 1 and 2 happen to be two of the movies I rounded up to celebrate the holiday with. Other movies I've already seen are...

The Nativity Story (2007)
Dorothy in the Land of Oz (1980), it's more of a Thanksgiving special, but there's a Christmas song in there.
A Christmas Carol (1999), the movie with Patrick Stewart
Bad Santa (2003), it wasn't very Christmas-sy...
It's A Wonderful Life (1946), though you realize how little of this movie takes place at Christmas time?
Home Alone (1990)
Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (1992)

Right now, I've got in A Christmas Carol (1984) with George C. Scott. There are so many good versions of Dickens' tale, I can hardly be content with seeing just one. I've also got Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol (1962), and The Muppets' Christmas Carol (1992).

There's also A Christmas Story (1983), The Snowman, the version introduced by David Freakin' Bowie(!), (1982), A Garfield Christmas (1987), and The Polar Express (2004).

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Hey, the entire present part of "It's a Wonderful Life" takes place at Christmastime! It's just the flashbacks that don't! Of course, the flashbacks ARE the vast majority of the movie.

My wife and I usually watch "Home Alone" every year, but I still haven't been able to bring myself to watch "Home Alone 2" a second time.