1. Yingle Bells by Yogi Yorgesson. Using a Swedish accent, Yogi (aka Harry Kari) tells us how riding in a one-horse sleigh is overhyped...
2. I Yust Go Nuts At Christmas by Yogi Yorgesson. Yogi sings of hectic Christmas shopping, then tells us his own "Night Before Christmas," including one of my favorite lines:
"And over the radio, Angel Gabriel is saying,
'Peace on Earth, everybody, and goodwill towards men,'
And yust at that moment,
Someone slugs Uncle Ben."
3. The Christmas Party by Yogi Yorgesson. In the last of the three Christmas songs by Yogi I found on YouTube (more here), we hear of the wonderfully crazy and out of control office Christmas parties.
4. Green Chri$tma$ by Stan Freberg is a a hilarious and refreshing look at an over-commercialized holiday.
5. (I'm Getting) Nuttin' For Christmas by Stan Freberg. No one beats the original version of the bad little boy who's being skipped by Santa (and knows it). I especially love the ending!
6. St. George and the Dragonet by Stan Freberg. In a parody of Dragnet, Stan defeats the Dragon. I'm not sure why this was included on a Christmas tape I grew up with, but it sure is hilarious!
7. I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas by Gayla Peevey. Who can forget the little girl who wants a Christmas present that's far too big for her stocking?
8. All I Want For Christmas (Is My Two Front Teeth) by Spike Jones. Once again, this version is the best! No one else captures the same lisping sound and charm.
9. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus by Jimmy Boyd. Another unsurpassed original. The little girl who saw her mother kissing ol' Saint Nick.
10. The Twelve Days of Christmas by Natalie Cole. Not the original version, but the most hilarious! There's a wonderful twist that kicks in on the Ninth Day! I love this one!
Merry Christmas! May these tunes brighten your holiday season!