Sunday, February 1, 2009

I Got My W-2 Yesterday...

...and I don't know what to do with it. The place where I work has ADP handling the paychecks and W-2s.

Now, for anyone who doesn't know, the W-2 is a statement from your employer stating how much money you made the previous year with them, and how much taxes were removed. With this information, you file your tax declaration forms, seeing whether your employer overpaid or underpaid your taxes.

Now, the reason why I don't know what do to do with it, is because ADP also has a website where you can view and print your pay statements and W-2s online. My W-2 has been online since early last week, and when I found it was online, I filed my taxes. (Using TurboTax's free federal filing and another website's free state filing.) I'm getting a rather nice refund this year, as last year I had to pay $94.

Oh, and last night on Yahoo! News, I noticed this news article. I haven't seen the movie (though it sounds interesting) yet, nor have I read the story it's based on, and I certainly haven't read this Italian woman's story, as it was unpublished. I hope that judge who will review the movie and the unpublished story also reviews the story it's said to be based on. If he rules in her favor, you can bet the studio's lawyers will manage to wiggle out of it.

Last night I had a weird dream where I was at a grocery store, and there were book signings there. Yeah... And the really weird thing, in my dream I didn't know, but I managed to have my copies of one of the author's books with me. Weird.

No comments: