Saturday, February 21, 2009

I love books!

Okay, so if you remember that blog sometime back about books I've read and books I wanted to read, here's an update...

  • I finally found a good deal on a copy of Picnic at Hanging Rock on Abebooks.com, and it arrived today! Can't wait to read it! It's thinner than I expected it would be, and it's from the late '70s, so it's also a movie edition, not that I care, as that means the nice-looking Australian girls who grace the movie are also gracing this cover!
  • I ordered copies of Irvine Welsh's Filth and The Acid House on Amazon, so I might have a follow-up on reading his work soon.
And I also got a new headset in the mail today, which I'll use for making Skype calls. In fact, I used it to call my mother to wish her a belated happy birthday. I recorded the whole call with Call Graph, and listened to some of it. The sound quality was very good on my end, and all right from Mom's, since I was talking into a microphone, and she was talking into a regular phone. I'd upload a clip somewhere, but believe me, you have better things to do than listen to a phone conversation between me and my mother, one of the most boring things an un-related person could hear.

1 comment:

Sddd said...

I didn't like Call Graph as it crashes sometimes at calls and records not all calls. I moved to Riviera for Skype. Enjoy: Skype Call Recorder